Rangemaster's Combative Pistol with Tom Givens - $400
June 22nd & 23rd, 2013 (click date to register)
Tuition is $400.00.
A deposit of $100.00 will hold a space, balance due 15 days prior to class.
Payment can be made by credit card by utilizing the Shopping Cart Tab of our website.
This is an intensive weekend course that covers all of the essential skills involved in fighting with a handgun. There is an all day session Saturday and Sunday, plus an evening session on Saturday.
Topics covered in this course will include:
- Rapid presentation from concealed carry
- Effective gunhandling techniques, designed to work under stress
- Rapid reloading techniques
- Movement skills, including effectively engaging targets on the move
- Precision shooting at mid-ranges
- Effective scanning techniques, locating additional threats
- Proper defensive mindset and more.
Expect to fire about 800-1000 rounds of ammunition.
You will need a good handgun, holster, belt, and magazine pouch, at least three magazines, a ball cap and concealment garment (vest, jacket, windbreaker, etc), eye and ear protection, and rain gear (we train rain or shine). A cooler with soft drinks and snacks is a very good idea.
You will need a quality handgun and gear. It is a good idea to bring a second gun just like your primary, in case something breaks on your primary gun. Please bring good quality ammunition. You will shoot better, your gun will function better, and you will learn faster.
Your primary instructor will be Tom Givens, of Rangemaster. Tom’s credentials can be viewed here: Staff Qualifications. He will be assisted by other Rangemaster staff.